WAGS All-Star FAQ’s
1. Players must be on a WAGS D1 or D2 team for the fall 2013 and spring 2014.
2. DOB for U13: must be born after August 1, 2000. DOB for U14: must be born after August 1, 1999.
3. All-Star Team will have 16 field players and 2 keepers.
4. A wait-list will be generated.
5. Nominations must be submitted by the Head Coach no later than November 16, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Tryouts to TBD.
7. Tryouts and team selection made by the coaching staff of the Washington Spirit.
8. Team selection announced by mid-December.
9. All-Star selections must be willing to commit to pre-travel practices.
10. All-Star selections must have a valid passport.
11. Uniforms will be provided.
12. WAGS will pay half the cost of travel and accommodations for players.
13. The trip will require 4-6 adult chaperones. Adult chaperones pay all expenses.
14. All travel and international play organized by Excel International Sports (www.eurosoccertours.net). A mandatory meeting with Excel Sports will occur after team selection.
15. Travel dates: August 1-August 9, 2014.
16. Team will be coached by Jim Bruno. Jim Bruno has been the coach of the Good Counsel varsity girls’ soccer team since 1988. The team is currently ranked 5th in the nation. He has been a WAGS coach (club MSC) since 1995. He currently coaches a U17 and U12 teams. He has a NSCAA Premier Diploma, NSCAA Goalkeeping Diploma and a Maryland D license. Jim Bruno has numerous accolades including WCACC coach of the year (1998, 1999, 2003,2009); Gazette Coach of the Year (1995, 1998, 2001); Washington Post Coach of the Year (1994); and NSCAA State Coach of the Year (2002, 2007, 2009, 2012) and NSCAA Coach of the Year (1998).
Jim Bruno email@example.com
Sally D’Italia firstname.lastname@example.org