June 29, 2004
WAGS R & D Committee Meeting
Fairview Park Marriott
June 29, 2004
Committee Members Present: Lula Bauer ( Director ), Karen Parker, Chuck Keefer, Clarence Jones, Wendell Doman
Administrator: Ruben Bolognesi
Penalty Points Accumulation - BAYS Bays U16 D2 - 17 Current Penalty Points
Team Members Present: Manager
The Manager stated that the BAYS Bays have a history of getting minimum or no cards during the season. When the Committee brought up the name of a player who received a total of 7 Penalty Points during this past season, and that 5 of those points ( red card ) were handed to her due to harassment and the use of offensive profanity towards the Center Referee, the BAYS Bays Manager noted that she was no longer with the team. He also added that she was reprimanded by the Head Coach for what she had done.
The Committee appreciates and thanks the Manager for driving approximately 2 hours to attend this hearing. Nonetheless, it feels extremely disappointed that only one member of the BAYS Bays attended considering the high amount of current Penalty Points the team accumulated this past season. The Committee would have seen proper that the Head Coach and the Assistant Coach as well as the players that received Penalty Points would have been present to explain what happened, as well as what is the team=s plan of action to control and restrict this type of behavior on the field.
With a unanimous vote the Committee agrees to:
1. Fine of $250 to be paid no later than September 1st, 2004.
2. Written Letter of Censure.
3. Players to Sign a Code of Conduct.
4. Player Jersey # 14 is suspended for 1 game.
5. Player Jersey # 14 must submit a letter to the WAGS R & D Director explaining her demeanor and what she will do to prevent this type of behavior from happening again. This letter must be received no later than October 1st, 2004.
6. Next card ( yellow or red ) the above mentioned player receives, she will draw an automatic WAGS R & D hearing.
The BAYS Bays were informed that they have the right to appeal the decision of the WAGS R & D Committee according to Rule O, “Protests and Appeals Procedures”.
Penalty Points Accumulation – FRED United U16 D2 - 15 Total Penalty Points ( 8 Current plus 7 Carry Over )
Team Members Present: Head Coach
The Head Coach cited that he was a first year coach and that progress was made since last season when the team received a total of 15 Penalty Points and remarking that this past season they received only 8 Penalty Points.
The Committee recognizes the Head Coach’s efforts to attend this hearing from Frederick, MD. Nonetheless, as it was stated on the hearing notice, the Committee would have seen proper that other members of the team / club as well as the Assistant Coach and the players that received Penalty Points would have been present at the hearing to discuss this serious situation.
The Committee decided the following:
1. Fine equal to one half of the WAGS season fee to be paid no later than September 1st, 2004.
2. Players to sign a Code of Conduct.
3. Written Letter of Censure.
4. Player Jersey # 23 must sit out next WAGS game due to Penalty Point accumulation.
The FRED United were informed that they have the right to appeal the decision of the WAGS R & D Committee according to Rule O, “Protests and Appeals Procedures”.